PROFESORA: GABRIELA VARELA
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ENGLAND?
The following activity will let you get more information about England.
1) Where is England?
2) Mention its borders.
3) Politics: What is the House of Commons?
What is the House of Lords?
4) What is the weather like?
5) Literature: Mention some of the most important playwrights of the English Literature?
6) What kind of religion do people follow?
7) Where are the two oldest Universities?
8) What can you tell us about the English flag?
9) What is the Tudor Rose?
10) Who was Henry VIII?
11) Write a few lines about these places: Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, St Paul’s Cathedral, London Eye, Madame Tassaud’s, Harrods.
12) What is the difference between U.K, England, Great Britain and British Isles? ( You can get information on this site: www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/britain.html